[council] IDN at the IETF meeting

  • To: council@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Subject: [council] IDN at the IETF meeting
  • From: Cary Karp <ck@nic.museum>
  • Date: Fri, 29 Jul 2005 09:42:01 +0200 (CEST)
  • Sender: owner-council@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

The subject of IDN is likely to arise in a number of contexts during the course of the IETF meeting next week in Paris. There are, however, no clearly indicated slots for this on the published conference agenda. It might be useful if the Council members and ICANN staff who will be in attendance, as well as other interested members of our constituencies, could meet informally as early as possible at the conference venue to discuss how we might best contribute our own perspectives on this very important issue during the various sessions that we will be attending where the subject may come up.

The welcome reception on Sunday evening provides an obvious opportunity for an initial gathering, assumuing that a useful number of us will have arrived in time for it. I'll be there, in any case, and look forward to seeing you both then and later during the course of the week.

/Cary