[council] ICANN Board Actions - June 1, 2005

  • To: <council@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: [council] ICANN Board Actions - June 1, 2005
  • From: "Michael D. Palage" <michael@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 1 Jun 2005 18:36:50 -0400
  • Cc: "Alejandro Pisanty" <apisan@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Sender: owner-council@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Dear Council Members:

Today the ICANN Board held a special telephone Board, both Alex and myself
were present during the Call.

The first action item was the approval for staff to move forward with
contractual negotiations with ICM Registry, see
http://www.icann.org/announcements/announcement-01jun05.htm.

The second action item was the .net RFP. No binding action was taken today,
however, there was a substantial discussion regarding this matter. Because
of my consulting arrangement with Afilias I was unable to participate in
this discussion. However, Alex as the other duly elected representative of
the GNSO did an excellent job articulating the concerns of the Council. The
Chair of the Board also had circulated an email by Philip Sheppard to the
full Board mailing list prior to the call.

Unfortunately time expired prior to being able to address the strategic
plan. Another Board teleconference call is tentatively scheduled for June 8.
As soon as an agenda is available either Alex or I will ensure that the
Council is properly informed.

I hope this update proves useful. Pending any last minute conflicts, I look
forward to tomorrow's council call, although as usual I will participate as
a mere observer.

Best regards,

Michael