[council] [Fwd: Re: [alac] Draft Terms of Reference for Whois Task Force]

  • To: council@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Subject: [council] [Fwd: Re: [alac] Draft Terms of Reference for Whois Task Force]
  • From: Bret Fausett <bfausett@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 25 May 2005 13:21:11 -0700
  • Sender: owner-council@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Councilors,

This concern from ALAC member John Levine seems like a fair subject for inclusion in the terms of reference. Specifically, could we have a discussion about what constitutes abusive v. legitimate access to a registrar's whois data? and avenues for users claiming to be legitimate users to follow when they want/need whois access?

Bret