[council] Position descriptions for Council and task force members

  • To: <council@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: [council] Position descriptions for Council and task force members
  • From: "Bruce Tonkin" <Bruce.Tonkin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 29 Apr 2005 12:09:23 +1000
  • Sender: owner-council@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Hello All,

With the nominating committee process for appointing people to the GNSO
Council, I am often asked what is required for a Council member.

constituencies that are appointing members of the Council, I have asked
Glen to begin work on position descriptions for Council and task force
members, as well as the chairs of Council and task force.   As these are
developed they will be circulated to Council members for comment.  Any
Council members that wish to contribute to this process should let me
now.

I would like to inform prospective members on the time commitment
required.  I have asked Glen to survey the Council to determine how much
time is spent by individual members on Council matters.  Note this time
should include the time spent in liaising with members of constituencies
in the GNSO to discuss policy issues that are being managed by the
Council.   Individual responses will be kept confidential by Glen.  I
have only asked for information on the average time being spent.

Regards,
Bruce