[council] Re: Reminder: nominations are open for the election of ICANN Board seat #14

Quoting Bruce:

The first nomination has been received for Michael Palage from Thomas Keller.

See: http://forum.icann.org/lists/gnso-nominations/msg00000.html

The nomination needs to be seconded by another GNSO Council member.

The nomination must also be accompanied by a brief description of how the candidate meets the selection criteria.

The page at:

See: http://www.gnso.icann.org/announcements/announcement-18feb05.htm

provides no mechanism for the seconding of a nomination, nor does the information posted about the current nominee include any description of how the candidate meets the selection criteria.

Despite my parliamentary puzzlement, on the basis of my personal cognizance of Mr. Palage's fulfillment of the selection criteria I hereby second his nomination.

It might be wise, nonetheless, for all of the formal detail necessary to support this nomination to be posted on the Council's Web site before the nomination period closes.

/Cary