[council] re proposed resolution for issues report on deleted names

  • To: <council@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: [council] re proposed resolution for issues report on deleted names
  • From: "Philip Sheppard" <philip.sheppard@xxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 6 Jan 2005 09:40:56 +0100
  • Sender: owner-council@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Ross, Ken, Council
I fully support Ross's guidance here. My initial paragraph of explanation
was only intended to explain the consequences of the stability and
operational issues to those who may be un familiar with the issue.
I attempted with the resolution itself (repeated below) - the only part that
need go forward to ICANN staff manager - to word it neutrally.

Philip

Draft resolution
Whereas the re-selling of certain deleted or expiring names has lead to
unforeseen strains on the ability of registries and registrars to manage
their business efficiently,

Whereas this affects the service level provided to users and the meaning of
ICANN accredited as it applies to registrars,

Council resolves,
to request the ICANN staff manager to write an issues report (as specified
in annex A to the ICANN by-laws) on the "Re-selling of valuable
deleted/expiring domain names in a secondary market", so that Council can
subsequently decide if a policy development process would be appropriate.