RE: [council] Draft Agenda for Council meeting Thursday 18 Nov 2004

  • To: <marc@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, <marilynscade@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: RE: [council] Draft Agenda for Council meeting Thursday 18 Nov 2004
  • From: <Lucy.Nichols@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 18 Nov 2004 14:44:55 +0200
  • Cc: <Bruce.Tonkin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, <council@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Sender: owner-council@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Marc-

I agree  ...no final decision should be made on this issue.

The IPC's primary concern is that the ICANN Staff and President will be making
a recommendation regarding WIPO II and that the Board could make a decision
based upon that recommendation prior to our knowing/discussing the
recommendation.  Certainly, we need to have some idea of where the
Staff/President are generally coming out on this and more specifically the
nature of their recommendation --- particularly since no consensus has been
reached on this issue.

Regards,

Lucy