[council] GNSO Review - the external contractor

  • To: <council@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: [council] GNSO Review - the external contractor
  • From: "Paul Verhoef" <paul.verhoef@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 10 Nov 2004 11:16:14 +0100
  • Cc: "'Patrick Sharry'" <Patrick.Sharry@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Sender: owner-council@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

All,

We have engaged Patrick Sharry, a management consultant based in Sydney, to
perform the role of
external consultant as foreseen in the Review paper as approved by the ICANN
Board recently. Patrick
has been engaged following a search for suitable candidates. Patrick has
extensively experience with
the workings of ICANN and we engage him in several other areas. So he comes
with a suitable
background.

I would like to thank those who have provided us with names for possible
candidates for this role.

Patrick has been thoroughly briefed by Bruce and myself and has developed a
timeline for his work
that foresees that interviews will be held during the course of next week.
Therefore, a number of
you can expect to be contacted by Patrick. Subsequently, a draft report will be
prepared which will
be circulated for comment and a final report is expected at the end of the
month of November. The
report will subsequently be published for public comment and comments can be
provided during the
open-microphone sessions in Capetown and submitted in writing. The whole of
this material will then
be provided to the Board for their deliberation at the Board meeting in
Capetown.

I trust that with your continued support to this exercise, we should be able to
finish it within the
foreseen timeframes.
Regards

Paul

Paul Verhoef
Vice President Policy Development Support
ICANN
6 Rond Point Schuman, Bt.5
B-1040 Brussels, Belgium
Tel.: +32.2.234 7872