[council] Report from WHOIS task force 1

  • To: <council@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: [council] Report from WHOIS task force 1
  • From: "Bruce Tonkin" <Bruce.Tonkin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 6 May 2004 13:42:04 +1000
  • Sender: owner-council@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

From: Neuman, Jeff [mailto:Jeff.Neuman@xxxxxxxxxx]
Chair, WHOIS Task Force 1

I believe that we are making good progress.  We have a really good start
on a preliminary report, however, it has become evident that we will
need a few
more weeks to complete the report.   The latest version of the report
can be
found at:
Another draft should be posted shortly.  One thing I did want to mention
is that the Preliminary Report will have a number of questions that we
would like to see comment on and/or areas that need to be further
explored (either by our Task Force or by another one of the Council).
As you can imagine many of the issues are extremely controversial and
which have divided the Task Force among constituency lines.  However, I
believe the report will be an unbiased presentation of all of the
relevant sides.

In sum, I would like to propose a few additional weeks to complete the
report.  I have spoken with Jordyn from Task Force 2 and I believe they
are in a similar position.

Please let us know as soon as possible.