[council] Leaving the council

  • To: council@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Subject: [council] Leaving the council
  • From: "Jordyn A. Buchanan" <jbuchanan@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 17 Mar 2004 10:10:52 -0500
  • Cc: John Jeffrey <jeffrey@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Sender: owner-council@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Fellow Council members:

As many of you are probably aware, the operation of the .pro registry was transferred to a subsidiary of Hostway Corporation. Due to some geographical constraints (I live in New York and the new registry will be based in Chicago), I will no longer be part of the .pro team.

The result of all of this is that I no longer work for a registry. As a result, I am resigning from the council, effective immediately. I understand that the gTLD Constituency has already selected Philip Colebrook from the Global Name Registry to replace me on the council. I am confident that Philip will serve admirably in my place.

I have enjoyed working with all of you over the past year and a half, and hope that I will have the opportunity to meet with and work with many of you again in the future.

Jordyn