Re: [council] Private initiative and regulatory bodies and the feeling of being scr*

  • To: Marc Schneiders <marc@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Re: [council] Private initiative and regulatory bodies and the feeling of being scr*
  • From: Amadeu Abril i Abril <Amadeu@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 09 Jan 2004 08:15:16 +0100
  • Cc: council@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Sender: owner-council@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Marc Schneiders wrote:

I just read a message to some other list (tucows registrar resellers)
that says that NetSol (the registrar) will also delete IDN names as of
February 28, 2004. (I guess they missed out on the extra day February
has this year.) It seems this is about .com and .net names. One has to
transfer them to another registrar, they say, or they die.

Well, some good news at last!! The sad part is that this has not been mandated by ICANN directly but only applied by some players, the most reasonable.

What's your complaint, Marc?

Amadeu