Re: [council] Call for TOR change

  • To: Grant Forsyth <Grant.Forsyth@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Re: [council] Call for TOR change
  • From: "Jordyn A. Buchanan" <jbuchanan@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 8 Jan 2004 17:40:40 -0500
  • Cc: "'roseman@xxxxxxxxx'" <roseman@xxxxxxxxx>, "'Marilyn Cade AT&T'" <mcade@xxxxxxx>, "'Philip Sheppard'" <philip.sheppard@xxxxxx>, GNSO SECRETARIAT <gnso.secretariat@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, council@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "'Bruce Tonkin'" <Bruce.Tonkin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Sender: owner-council@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Grant:

I'm rather dismayed to see this position formulated at this point. During our discussions leading up to the approval of the PDP, the Registry Constituency representatives specifically requested some flexibility to make changes to the Terms of Reference after the call, but other council members (including, I believe, at least one representative of the Business Constituency) were quite adamant that there had been adequate time to review the terms of reference and that no further changes should be made. Indeed, I believe the council explicitly voted AGAINST a proposal that the PDP be initiated, but with the terms of reference subject to change. It seems inappropriate for a constituency whose representatives unanimously voted against the motion to allow that flexibility to suddenly request changes, especially when even the public comment period has expired.

Jordyn