RE: [council] Rome meeting

  • To: "GNSO Council (E-mail)" <council@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: RE: [council] Rome meeting
  • From: "Bruce Tonkin" <Bruce.Tonkin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 6 Jan 2004 17:46:47 +1100
  • Sender: owner-council@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Hello Marilyn,

> 1. As we are beginning to plan for the Rome ICANN meeting,
> I'd like to suggest that Council consider the time frame for
> our meeting and our working agenda and adjust, IF needed, to
> ensure that we have time to address in detail the issues on
> our agenda. At our last meeting in Carthage, we had a number
> of issues to discuss and needed to extend our meeting
> accordingly. Fortunately, we were able to do so. However, we
> may not always be so fortunate with availability of rooms,
> staff, bridge, remote participants availability.

I see from the preliminary planning for the ICANN meeting that
2 March 2004 is for constituency meetings
3 March 2004 is for the GNSO Council
4 March 2004 is for the public forum

I suggest we project manage the whole day on 3 March 2004 as follows:
Morning - 4 parallel sessions on the 4 PDPs (main policy work)
- these will be public workshops managed by each task force/council
- the objective will be to gain public input as well as seek to reach
consensus positions

Afternoon - Council meeting  (mostly administrative)

I am tempted to devote the whole day of 3 March on the policy workshops,
and delay the council meeting until the morning of 4 March 2004.  I
can't think of too many issues before the Board at present that would
justify a day long public forum, and I think the Council could benefit
from having more time prior to the actual meeting workshopping some of
the policy issues.

Regards,
Bruce