[council] WHOIS task force participation - number of representatives per constituency

  • To: <Bruce.Tonkin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: [council] WHOIS task force participation - number of representatives per constituency
  • From: <Niklas_Lagergren@xxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 7 Nov 2003 18:27:56 +0100
  • Cc: <council@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Sender: owner-council@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Dear Bruce -

The IP constituency is currently looking at appropriate ways to contribute to
the work of the 3 Whois task forces in an efficient manner. In this context, it
is our view that nominating only one representative to each TF would result in
excessive work-load for each chosen person.

Therefore, I would like to invoke the last sentence in PDP sec. 5(1) (i.e. "The
Council may increase the number of Representatives per constituency that may
sit on a task force in its discretion in circumstances that it deems necessary
or appropriate.") and would be very grateful if you could advise on how this
provison could be applied in the present case.

I hope this can be done as swiftly as possible without slowing the process of
convening the TFs. It is our conviction that it would be both necessary and
appropriate to allow for one or more alternates per task force as the adequate
way to proceed.

Kind regards -

Niklas