Re: [council] Update on Declaration of conflict of interest

Well, I don't know how to write this without soudning too ridiculous, but let's try.

I have , errr, a rumor, a possibility, to add to my statement of conflict of itnerests. And I better do this today that we are discussing the motion on the PDP for intorducing new registry services.

Besdies being an Internet user (and many other things completely unrelated with GNSo Council business) as you know I occsionally advice a domain name registrar, Nominalia (but I am not an employee, shareholder, director of such a company). Nominalia is indeed a custmomer (in a certain funny way) of most if not all the services provided by gTLD registries.

The new thing, or, better, not-(yet)-thing is that I have to disclose that I have sent an statement of interest to serve on the PIR Board of Directors. The reasons are irrelevant here, the usual mix of some friedns pushing and some personal interest in the position. PIR is, indeed, a registry, provides registry sercices and might be seen by some as a competitor of some other registries (even if I have explained many times, includng my last mail to this list, that theyr are competitors in a very limite dway, IMHO).

I don't know whether I'll be selected to serve or not by ISOC's Board of Trustees. So perhaps in a week this mail only desserves a large smile. But just in case...

Two relevant things. One is that if I have finally opted to apply it ws in my conviction that a PIR Director does not represent the interests of any shalreholder (or even not all of them) nor any given group, but try to bring there his or her personal interpretation of the internet community public interest, which is precisely what I also try to bring to the GNSo Council as a NomCom appointee (my personal interpretation, indeed, but not dependant of any given group or company). I might be naive in weeing it that way, but this is how I interpret it.

The second one is that I have requested ISOC, and PIR's Board, to grant me complete freedom as it relates to GNSo Council actions and votes, no matter what PIR might think, or vote within the registry constituency. I have also statted that if they don't feel this would be adequate, they should not con sider my name.

Will see what happens, but i thought I should let you know this (no)thing just in case it happens.

Amdeu