Re: [council] Annual Meeting now Tunisia?

  • To: <council@xxxxxxxx>, <Jeff.Neuman@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Re: [council] Annual Meeting now Tunisia?
  • From: "Milton Mueller" <mueller@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 21 Sep 2003 06:42:08 -0400
  • Sender: owner-council@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Jeff:
NCUC has been planning to hold new elections in October. However, we would
greatly appreciate a time extension to November, as our rechartering also
requires all members to rejoin, submit dues, etc. We could use the additional
time and have a more representative election if there were an extension. And
clarification of the 2 vs. 3 Council members would be critical.

>>> "Neuman, Jeff" <Jeff.Neuman@xxxxxxxxxx> 09/19/03 04:54PM >>>

That being the case, assuming that the Board does not reverse its decision
on having 2 representatives, I guess the assumption is that each
constituency will be required to hold new elections for the 2
representatives and have those reps in place by the end of the Tunisia
meeting?

In the way of guidance from the other constituencies, I was wondering if you
all are holding elections in the next few weeks for new Council members.  In
addition, technically, even if 3 reps are allowed I believe the bylaws call
for all new elections.