[council] Annual Meeting now Tunisia?

  • To: "'council@xxxxxxxx'" <council@xxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: [council] Annual Meeting now Tunisia?
  • From: "Neuman, Jeff" <Jeff.Neuman@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 19 Sep 2003 16:54:56 -0400
  • Sender: owner-council@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

All,

I noticed that the ICANN Board is now proposing to make the Tunisia meeting
the "Annual Meeting" of the Board of Directors (
http://www.icann.org/minutes/prelim-report-12sep03.htm
<http://www.icann.org/minutes/prelim-report-12sep03.htm> ).

That being the case, assuming that the Board does not reverse its decision
on having 2 representatives, I guess the assumption is that each
constituency will be required to hold new elections for the 2
representatives and have those reps in place by the end of the Tunisia
meeting?

In the way of guidance from the other constituencies, I was wondering if you
all are holding elections in the next few weeks for new Council members.  In
addition, technically, even if 3 reps are allowed I believe the bylaws call
for all new elections.

Please advise.

Thanks.

Jeffrey J. Neuman, Esq.
Director, Law & Policy
NeuStar, Inc.
Loudoun Tech Center
46000 Center Oak Plaza
Building X
Sterling, VA 20166
p: (571) 434-5772
f:  (571) 434-5735
e-mail: Jeff.Neuman@xxxxxxxxxx <mailto:Jeff.Neuman@xxxxxxxxxx>

personal and confidential use of the recipient(s) named above. This message
may be an attorney-client communication and/or work product and as such is
privileged and confidential. If the reader of this message is not the
intended recipient or an agent responsible for delivering it to the intended
recipient, you are hereby notified that you have received this e-mail
message and any attachments hereto in error and that any review,
dissemination, distribution, or copying of this message is strictly
us immediately by e-mail, and delete the original message.