ICANN/GNSO GNSO Mailing List archive

[announce]

[announce] New gTLDs - the latest

  • To: announce@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Subject: [announce] New gTLDs - the latest
  • From: "GNSO.SECRETARIAT@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx" <gnso.secretariat@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 24 Dec 2007 21:32:31 +0100
  • Sender: owner-announce@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

[To: council[at]gnso.icann.org; liaison6c[at]gnso.icann.org] [To: ga[at]gnso.icann.org; announce[at]gnso.icann.org] [To: regional-liaisons[at]icann.org]

New gTLDs - the latest
http://www.icann.org/

There are a number of new developments with respect to the new gTLD
program.
Firstly, we have put out a request for organizations interested in
acting as dispute resolution providers for the new gTLD process to
contact us.
http://www.icann.org/announcements/announcement-21dec07.htm

An important component of the proposed system for approving new
top-level domains is the ability for people to register objections to
others' applications for particular strings, so those chosen to act as
dispute resolvers will play a vital role. A "statement of work" [pdf]
http://www.icann.org/topics/drsp-call-for-expressions-of-interest.pdf
covers what exactly is required, and there is a deadline of 18 January.

In expectation of far wider and greater interest in the new gTLD program
as the policy development process draws to a close, we have also
reformatted the dedicated webpage
http://www.icann.org/topics/new-gtld-program.htm
for the process to make it easier for people to follow events. You
should be able find all you want to know about the new gTLD process there.

If you find you still have questions, please feel free to contact us and
ask. <newgtld@xxxxxxxxx>
--
Glen de Saint Géry
GNSO Secretariat - ICANN