- Council Activities
- Group Activities
- Quick Info
Date:13 March 2011 - 09:00 - 18:00
Transcript to be provided
This is the second face-to-face meeting of the WHOIS Policy Review Team.
Please refer to the WHOIS Policy RT Wiki to learn more about their activities - https://community.icann.org/display/whoisreview/WHOIS+Policy+Review+Team
Who Should Attend? | Any community members interested in Affirmation reviews developments, in particular the WHOIS review.
1. Welcome and introduction (Emily) (09:00-09:10)
2. Adoption of minutes from most recent teleconference (09:10-09:15)
3. Discussion of our Review Team Outreach Sessions in San Francisco, including:
- what Advisory Committees and Constituencies are we meeting with,
- intro to these groups and their concerns from members of the Whois review team familiar with their members and work;
- how we, as a review team, plan to approach these groups (e.g., listening mode or responsive mode); and
- quick confirmation that at least one member of each subteam will be present at each session.
4. Reports of the Definitions Subteams, on issues including:
- Review of public comments to date, e.g., what did we receive and what gaps do we need to fill;
- Next steps for research;
- Any additional questions for ICANN Staff;
- Discussion with all Review Team members.
A. Report of Sub Team C: Law Enforcement Kim Von Arx, Sharon Lemon, Lutz Donnerhacke (10:30-10:50)
B. Report of Sub Team D: Consumers & Consumer Trust (10:50-11:10)
Sarmad Hussain, Olivier Iteanu, Lynn Goodendorf, Peter Nettlefold, Bill Smith
C. Report of Sub Team E: Applicable Laws (11:10-11:30)
Kim Von Arx, Michael Yakushev, Lynn Goodendorf, Omar Kaminski
D. Report of Sub team F: Producers & Maintainers of WHOIS Data (11:30-12pm) James Bladel – Wilfried Woeber – Susan Kawaguchi
E. Report of Omar Kaminski: Who owns the Data? (12-12:20pm)
Lunch Break (12:30-13:30)
5. Detailed Report from Sub team A, James, Kathy, Wilfried, together with ICANN Staff/Compliance, on
- What is the WHOIS Policy, including:
- From what documents is it derived?
- Who has Whois obligations (e.g., registries/registrars/address organizations)?
- What are those obligations?
- How are the obligations to be overseen (at least according to the documents)? (13:30-14:30)
(Whois Policy Implementation Review, Bill, Peter, Emily, Mikhail, will have an opportunity at the June ICANN Meeting to present a similarly detailed presentation.)
6. Article 29 Working Party Speaker invited to discuss data protection laws in Europe. (14:30-15:30)
7. Putting It All Together: A Discussion of the Final Report, including:
- Outline of possible key sections of the report;
- Discussion of how the Subteams’ work fits within the Report;
- Discussion of additional work that need to be done (e.g., research, metrics development, surveys, interviews) and to what end. (15:30-16:45) See: https://community.icann.org/display/whoisreview/Final+Report+-+outline
- Do new subteams need to be created? Does the work of existing subteams need to be expanded? Would Review Team members like to switch or add subteams? (16:45-17:00)
8. Quick Review and Approval of Wednesday’s Public Session, including
- Agenda and draft powerpoint slides; and
- Who will be attending.
Note: Draft slides will be distributed prior to San Fran meeting (17:00-17:15)
9. Any other business (17:15-17:30)